Sellers: When do you drop your price?

Selling my first piece of gear.  I've had a lot of views but no offers. It's been about 5 days. Great condition, 2 years old, offering about about 1/3rd off. No original box.

Perhaps all gear is particular, so if that's so, we can end this thread right here. But in case there's a general bit of advice, How long do you let an ad marinate before adjusting the price?
128x128hilde45
+1, @jperry. 
Lot of people are reluctant to buy electronics without original box. Buy a box from FedEx with packaging material that allows good protection and post pictures on your ad to increase your prospects. 
1. You bought it used so it sure didn’t cost you the list price
2. No original boxes
3. Not a household name in this country
4.That model came out in 2014
I hate to burst your bubble but you will be lucky if you get half of the list price!
https://hifipig.com/atoll-electronique-in200-se-integrated-amplifier-cd200-se-2-cd-player/
But good luck with the sale!

Yogiboy -- good points. You're definitely not bursting my bubble. I'm starting at a higher price point because I think it's really a diamond in the rough. Those dual mono power supplies are pretty rare, and the company is kind of boutique-y but with a solid reputation. I will lower the price if it lags.

Thanks lalitk for the advice about the box.

Thanks elliot, I'll consider getting it further out there. And brightening the photos.

Thanks, jperry -- I especially don't want to mislead with the rating. Cosmetically and functionally it's in very close to perfect shape so that is why 8 seemed too low, but you make a good argument. Will probably adjust as you say.

I often keep things listed for weeks or months before dropping the price. I'm never in a hurry to sell things though, it's always something that I've made an upgrade from and want to find a new home for. 

If you need the money or want it out of your house right away, drop the price every few days and it will sell. 

Otherwise wait for the right buyer to come along.  There are people that browse ads daily and there are those that only look when they decide they want to buy.

Here are some things I do when selling.

- Use hifishark to see what similar items have been listed for and start with my price in the middle of that range. 
-  Always price things a little higher than what I actually want for them.  If I get my asking price, that's a bonus.  If someone wants to play "let's make a deal" then I've left some room for them to feel like they are a super duper negotiator.  Know beforehand what the lowest is you'll accept.  If they ask "what's the lowest you'll go", don't tell them.  Tell them to make an offer and consider it based on your pre-determined limit.  Stay in the driver's seat, but make them feel like they are getting a good deal.
- Take good photos.
- Be descriptive.

I disagree with the person who said rating it a 9 is not realistic because others have owned it.  I use the Audiogon rating scale and grade the condition on... yes, the condition.  If it's been taken good care of and is in good cosmetic condition, it doesn't matter how many owners, at least not in terms of grading.  Some people are interested in the "history" of the item, how many have owned it, how it was kept, if there were smokers, pets, etc. (which are all valid), so keep that in mind.

When buying used gear, unless it's a really highly sought after piece and hard to find, I rarely pay more than 50-60% of the original retail price.
As others have said, no rush to drop price, of you are not in a hurry.
That said, +1 yogiboy, jperry.  Unless it is a "hot" piece, in basically new condition, I'm looking to pay around minus 40% or less for used kit.
For a second owner (condition therefore 8 tops, usually) piece, introduced in 2014, minus 33% certainly seems ambitious.
Personally, although I don't churn kit, when I do sell, I ask on the low side; things move fast, with happy buyers, with less haggling.  Worth passing on a few bucks for me.