sellers trying to sell used product for 10-20% off of list price

I don’t get it. Almost any item here can be bought brand new from a dealer with a full warranty for 20% off - virtually any and all high end product. Some can be bought for close to 30% percent off. Sellers trying to sell year old product for 20% off are delusional, perhaps hoping for someone to naively buy it at their price but I doubt it happens. If the product isn’t in the range of 40-50% off of MSRP I'm not sure why anyone would buy it as often the warranty doesn’t transfer. Factor in sellers asking for 5-6% extra for Paypal plus shipping charges and even a 30% percent discount really is more like 15% off of list- a non starter. Am I the only one doing this math  ?  I can buy brand new at 25-30% with no extra charge for using paypal or my credit card and minimal shipping. Asking for a friend lol.
128x128cowan217
only an idiot would pay that , even the most in demand product 
less then 50% . On Audiogon how often would you pay 50% for a used product? Only if in high demand  and willing to pay Max .
Actually the most ridiculous ad these days is the oppo 205 selling for 3 grand. 
Opps. I have a pair of naked Stevens & Billington TX103 step up transformers. I was thinking of listing it for much more than retail. Guess I'm out of luck.
It depends on what the item is...The KEF LS50 sell all day long at nearly full price. If you have something nobody wants then it will be sold at a large discount or no one will buy it. If you want cheap pick something no one wants.