sellers trying to sell used product for 10-20% off of list price

I don’t get it. Almost any item here can be bought brand new from a dealer with a full warranty for 20% off - virtually any and all high end product. Some can be bought for close to 30% percent off. Sellers trying to sell year old product for 20% off are delusional, perhaps hoping for someone to naively buy it at their price but I doubt it happens. If the product isn’t in the range of 40-50% off of MSRP I'm not sure why anyone would buy it as often the warranty doesn’t transfer. Factor in sellers asking for 5-6% extra for Paypal plus shipping charges and even a 30% percent discount really is more like 15% off of list- a non starter. Am I the only one doing this math  ?  I can buy brand new at 25-30% with no extra charge for using paypal or my credit card and minimal shipping. Asking for a friend lol.
128x128cowan217

Showing 1 response by f917025

iv'e been trying to buy second hand nighthawks for a few months
most sellers asking 200-300 for a used pair when they are 250 new with free shipping.
so i gave up and bought an open box item with warranty for 200 . i like the audiogon board since i can always make an offer.
when i bought my guitar amp it took me 8 months (almost everyday at reverb and ebay)to find the right amp at the right price .be patient and make offers if you really should have  it will be there at the right condition and price eventually(i hope...).
loved that guy who said he could smell you....too many years serving costumers so when they are outside the store they can unleash that pure hate that's been building up