Sellers that don't respond

What bothers you more than sellers that don't respond to
your e-mails in a timely fashion? Nothing! A first-time
seller has had 5 items listed for 14 days, and hasn't
responded to any of my e-mails. Why bother listing items
if you're going to ignore any interested parties? Oh well,
I guess that's a pretty good indication of what kind of service you'll get if you actually buy something from this
guy! For the most part, 'Gon sellers respond right away,
and I have yet to have a bad transaction. That's why we have feedback, right?
Dave
Ag insider logo xs@2xdave43
Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way!
Thanks for your responses.
Dave
I've had this happen plenty of times. I think sometimes they find a better offer, sometimes they're just being rude. I actually think one time a dealer got a better offer. Talk about poor service - We had worked out a price after several days and several phone calls. They actually faxed me a credit card receipt to sign. When I faxed it back signed, just a few hours later, they told me, "Sorry, our mistake. That unit was sold over a week ago." Either they put it up on auction (where I first saw it) on Audiogon AFTER it was sold, or they got a better offer and pulled the plug on our deal. I know it sounds cynical, but I think they got a better offer, and I think that happens with private sellers all the time. People don't respond cause the unit is sold, or they stop contacting you after you've agreed cause they got more from someone else. It's just the breaks of buying used. Fortunately the effort involved in doing this really pays off in the end.
Nice Point. Taken another way, how bout buyers that close a deal over the phone, or via e-mail, and you never hear from them again. For me, I've had offers over asking price when I told the unit was sold and declined. Probably a lot of guys like this here on this great site. To some of us reputation is everything. By the way, this has happened twice, not huge, but enough. A deal is a deal, period!
I have had similar experiences. As had been previously mentioned, we are interacting with people that we do not know and they may or may not have the same ideas of acceptable behavior. I am suprised that we do not have more posts regarding bad deal/poor communication issues. I have yet to have a terrible transaction. I have received the goods as they have been described and I have sent the goods as they have been described. I like to think that we are an honest lot. I can accept some poor communication as long as the final transaction is smooth.
Drew
There is one aspect I want to add to the above experiences regarding timeliness. Some of us travel a good deal in our jobs and are unable to check email daily or even several days in a row.
Because of this possibility, I note this in my ads to hopefully prevent misunderstandings. Like Charlie4350 says, reputation is everything.