Selecting Preamp for MC452 amp seeking most enjoyable experience possible in price range

It’s been over two years that I’ve heard my B&w 702 s2 because after hearing them once Playing with a friends class a amp I could never go back to listening to them on my integrated amp rotel ra-1570  . Hard to go backwards in listening experience once that veil had been lifted :-) I recently was given a McIntosh 452 for my birthday & wasn’t quite planning to go that route but thankful nonetheless to have it . Now I’m wondering how to intelligently choose a preamp that is musically satisfying, has numerous input options , system matching,  and also best value for lower end component range of 3500. To 6000. (Hard to believe 6000. Is ever considered a “lower” range but in audio I see it is Apparently the case when I flip through Sterophile or The Absolute Sound Mags . 
I was told by a local retailer to look into the Anthem Preamp as a solid all around choice hmmmm .? Was wondering what other preamp options I may be overlooking or unaware of used or new . I really was hoping for one that has Phono-Stage and perhaps use it with my stand alone 2Qute Chordette DAC & Velodyne Direct Drive 18 Sub.  But mostly I am hoping for purchasing a component that sonically pairs well between the MC amp and the B&w speakers and just get down to the actually listening to the music and getting by vibe on :-) Any advice would be so appreciated as you guys on this forum seem to be in it for the love of audio .
128x128kristiemcp

Showing 1 response by russ69

"... Also notice the 452 requires 4.2 volts on its balanced inputs to reach its rated power output. With a typical Audio Research preamp, this might mean you could end up cranking the volume higher than you expect for normal listening but finding the sound balance pretty thin; lacking in dynamics and bass slam, depending on your source. At least, this is what I have experienced..."

Same for me with a AR LS-7 and a Mac MC402.