Selecting Preamp for MC452 amp seeking most enjoyable experience possible in price range

It’s been over two years that I’ve heard my B&w 702 s2 because after hearing them once Playing with a friends class a amp I could never go back to listening to them on my integrated amp rotel ra-1570  . Hard to go backwards in listening experience once that veil had been lifted :-) I recently was given a McIntosh 452 for my birthday & wasn’t quite planning to go that route but thankful nonetheless to have it . Now I’m wondering how to intelligently choose a preamp that is musically satisfying, has numerous input options , system matching,  and also best value for lower end component range of 3500. To 6000. (Hard to believe 6000. Is ever considered a “lower” range but in audio I see it is Apparently the case when I flip through Sterophile or The Absolute Sound Mags . 
I was told by a local retailer to look into the Anthem Preamp as a solid all around choice hmmmm .? Was wondering what other preamp options I may be overlooking or unaware of used or new . I really was hoping for one that has Phono-Stage and perhaps use it with my stand alone 2Qute Chordette DAC & Velodyne Direct Drive 18 Sub.  But mostly I am hoping for purchasing a component that sonically pairs well between the MC amp and the B&w speakers and just get down to the actually listening to the music and getting by vibe on :-) Any advice would be so appreciated as you guys on this forum seem to be in it for the love of audio .
128x128kristiemcp

Showing 1 response by hilde45

The topic of preamps has been exploding on this site lately! There are many good posts recently, with careful discussions and comments about criteria, brands, combinations, and more. Try searching a bit and see!