Seeking Stereo/Home Theatre System Advice
Please accept my apologies in advance for the lengthy post.
It is time to upgrade/replace my home stereo system and I am seeking some advice on the manufacturers/components that I have narrowed my selection to. First some background information.
1. My listening room is 12.5ft (exterior wall in front) x 11.0ft (wall on right side) x 8.0ft (wall on left side) and is open to the remainder of the floor to the rear. Ceiling height is 9ft.
2. I have a wall mounted Sharp Aquos 37" LCD on the 12.5ft. wall.
3. I have a 7ft. x 3ft sofa centered to the 12.5ft front wall and it is placed approximately 12.5 ft from the front wall.
4. The components that I currently have and will be retaining are: B&W in-ceiling speakers above the sofa (although I may consider replacing these based on your opinion), Music Hall MMF5.1 turntable, Revox B77 reel to reel player (still looking for this), and an Oppo DV-970HD DVD player.
Based on some preliminary and rudimentary research the components that I am considering are as follows:
- Verity Tamino X2 (front), Tamino H2 (centre), Rocco (subwoofer) and Tamino V2 (rear)
- Totem Forest (front), Model 1 (centre), Thunder (subwoofer) and TAC 8 (rear)
- Totem Staff (front), Mite-T (centre), Storm (subwoofer), and TAC 6.5 (rear)
- PSB Synchrony 1 (front), Synchrony 1C (centre), Subseries 9 (subwoofer), and CW180R (rear)
- PSB Synchrony 2 (front), Synchrony 2C (centre), HD10 (subwoofer), and CW180R (rear)
- Bryston SP2, 9BSST, & potentially 4BSST
- Simaudio Moon Stargate Processor, Moon Titan Amplifier, & potentially Moon W-7 amplifier
- Mcintosh MX120 or MX136 Pre-Amplifier, MC205 Amplifier, & potentially MC252 or MC402 Amplifier
- Raysonic CD168
- Ayre CX-7E
- Mcintosh MCD301, MCD201, or MVP871
I would appreciate your input into the above components based on my room's dimension. I am a music listener first, movie watcher second - so the primary focus for this equipment would be 2-channel with vinyl, reels, or CD's as the source.
Thanks in advance.