Seeking Speaker Suggestions for Cary 805c

Please offer speaker suggestions for Cary 805c amps driven by a Wadia 850 CD player.

I am primarily interested in small-ish floorstanders under $4,000. Either new or used is fine.

I listen to all kinds of music, but primarily jazz, acoustic, and rock.

I am upgrading from Quad ESL-63's becuase, as much as I love the Quad's, it is time for bass, volume, dynamics.

So far, I have auditioned Von Schweikert VR4's, Vandersteen 2Ce's, Triangle Celius, Meadowlark Osprey, and Usher AC-10. I am also considering Chesky C-1's and Soliloquy 6.3's, but can't audition either of those.

I would prefer a speaker that errs to the side of sweet, polite, and even dark, rather than bright and/or analytical. Obviously, after the Quads, midrange is very important to me as well. I'm looking for something easy to listen to and completely free of fatigue.

I am starting to narrow my choices to Vandersteen or Soliloquy. I loved the Usher's, but they are just too big for my room. I would love to hear comments from anyone owning any of the above speakers, or anyone that has found a speaker that achieves a great synergy with the Cary 805's. All suggestions and input is welcome

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
jeffreyds

Showing 1 response by s23chang