Seeking DAC using the ESS ES9038PRO, but not a streamer

While you may think this belongs in home theater, I seldom play movies, but I do want to meld both into one system at my humble home.
Is there a unit using the ESS ES9038PRO DAC that would be compatible with the Trinnov Altitude 32 which uses a similar but lesser-quality ESS DAC?

My wish list is:
ESS9038PRO 
HDMI 2.1
AES digital input
other digital inputs
USB A B

The Trinnov does not have USB connectivity.

yada

There is a bigger difference between DACs than chips. Suit yourself.

Go for sound or features 1,2 and chip a distant 3.

Don’t have any experience with any of the above, but would probably recommend the Gustard X26 Pro if your budget allowed.

Or at twice the price, the Musetec DA005 is amazing.

What’s your price range? Agree you’re barking up the wrong tree just focusing on the DAC chip. That’s like choosing a speaker based only on its tweeter.  Does the Trinnov output i2S?

You are all correct. Thank you.

The price range can be up to $14,000 MSRP or more. I will probably spend that much or more. Westborn, thanks for the link and I appreciate your helping like that.

Please continue to chime in and help me out. The two Musetek (including the DA005 and 004) and one Ideon Audio Absolute were all I found before I posted.

This was my reasoning: I don't have access to hearing any sound or loaners and I want to own the DAC before they install the Trinnov for a 5.3 system. I did mention features I hoped to have on my future DAC unit. I did like the sound of the ESS Oppo I had, the ESS is already part of the Trinnov but a lesser ESS chip and ESS has a long reputation as being a designer of many DACs at many price points. I don't have the 2.1 HDMI Trinnov yet because 2.1 version is not on the market until sometime in 2023.

There is a big price gap between the Ideon and the Musetek and I was hoping to get a few more choices to focus on in that range. I live in a modest home that does not have space for a media room. I want to play my music and once in a while, a movie.

Not sure why you are married to that chip.  Looking at the list of DACS that westborn posted, I've heard some of those and was not impressed.

In our price range I think you'lre better with FPGA DACs.

But I realize that isn't the answer to your question and if you want to ignore my opinion, you owe me no explanation.

Jerry

DACs I've heard with Sabre chips have sounded bright and more "digital" to me. Basing a $14,000 or more decision based on an Oppo or a chip is not something I'd recommend to anyone. 

not going to make a diierence the trinov would digitize the other dacs output so you would be throwing your money out

Dave abd Troy

Audio intellect nj

I did not think of that audiotroy. Am I correct to think that the Trinnov outputs to a DAC, therefore no DAC would improve the Trinnov? Is that what you mean? Being a dealer, you know what is what for sure.

@big_greg Sabre chips are not bright, it is the design that makes them sound that way.

@yada I could probably build a DAC to your specifications you can PM me for details.  Happy Listening.

I agree, Sabre chips not inherently bright, all about implementation.

@yada Don't know your specific setup, but Okto Pro DAC has capability of 8 channels. Uses 9028 Sabre chip, I had Okto Dac 8 stereo, very nice dac!

@audiotroy

not going to make a diierence the trinov would digitize the other dacs output so you would be throwing your money out

This demands attention and investigation. No point in purchasing a High End capable DAC if you’re unable to maximize the sonic performance.

Charles