Seeking best digital amp for $2000

What's the consensus on the best digital amp in the $2000 range? Nuforce, Rowland, Channel Islands, PS Audio, or others? The only experience I have is with the Class T amps and the Flying Mole mini amp which I like except for the top end is a little rolled off for me. What should I be looking at? Thanks for any advice you all can provide.
128x128pugstub

Showing 2 responses by tgrisham

It is worth your time to audition the Bel canto e.one series. Not just because I own one, but many others like it as well. They are very accurate, detailed, smooth in the midrange, and great lower frequencies. However, they are somewhat unforgiving of poor sources, like bad vinyl and overly bright CDs. Although, that does depend on the rest of your system, especially the speakers. I hear the Channel Islands are similar. Both John and Dusty are great people and both are made in the USA. Both have a 30 day return policy. I always want to audition gear in my room before I commit to keeping it. Good luck!
Coffeey, thanks, you are correct, 2 week trial. For what it's worth, I did not perceive any "break-in" period with my amps. Also, Wally at Underwood Hi Fi may work out something of a trial. And his prices are excellent. It's worth asking.