Seeking advice on how to improve my system

After many years of just enjoying music, I have gotten the bug to improve the system after I upgraded my CDP to the Sony XA 5400ES. The rest of the system is a Conrad Johnson Premier 14 preamp, Mark Levinson ML 331 100 W/ch amp., Thiel 3.6 speakers, Kimber Kable Siver Streak from CDP to preamp, Kimber PBJ from preamp to amp (10 foot run), and Kimber 8TC speaker cables. Room is 14 ft by 19 ft with 9.5 ft ceilings, hardwood floor with a 12 by 9 wool area rug. A fabric upholstered sofa on one wall helps absorb the side wall reflections. Speakers are on the short wall, 3 ft from the side and 2.5 feet from the back wall.

What are the weak points in the system that I should attend to? If I should change an item or add an item what should it be? I am not ready for a complete system replacement right now. Looking for advice from those with more experience in systems to get the best possible sound.
st01

Showing 2 responses by ts0711

Replace all the Kimber with Crimson Music Link. It will knock you over. If the Sony is your only source you could also consider getting rid of the CJ and replacing it with a good passive. The CJ is a good preamp, and I owned the same model for years, but it's very dark and overly tubie.
Sorry I didnt read about the treble energy. A cheap fix considering the wood floors would be Herbie's Big Fat Dots under the speakers and then a nice throw rug (not so cheap).