Seeking advice from the SL1200 fan s

I'm going to do it. I'm really going to buy KAB's modded 1200 very soon. I've been reading all forums I can find on the subject. Most folks don't speak too highly of it. Would the Shure V15xMR be too much for this? I'm not set up for MC. I do require a wide groove (78) stylus as well. Should it be wall mounted or heavy floor stand? I have suspended floors (hardwood). If I get the fluid damper would this take care of the weakness in the arm I keep hearing about? Thanks for any input from the fan(s)! Brad
supertrain_196038ed

Showing 2 responses by supertrain_196038ed

Will something like The Lifter work with the 1200? I've gotten used to auto-shut off for years. How about the dust cover. Do you remove it? I want to have a wall shelf built before it gets here so I can start playing more quickly! I'm going to do more research on cartridges. Way too many choices! I've posted ?? on other forums, but, since the 1200 is treated like a red-headed stepchild, I've NOT gotten any kind of useful info. You folks have helped alot. Many thanks. Brad
Ok, I'll spring for the damper. I still need some help with cartridge selection. I listen to just about anything, the biggest percentage of my collection falls somewhere between mid-60's to early 80's (oldies, classic rock). I have recently started mellowing out with my purchases-more jazz and acoustic type stuff. I do classical but it is not a staple in my diet. What exactly do I need to take into consideration when choosing a cartridge? This is my first gear purchase in @20 yrs. Thanks Brad