seeking 55 inch LED TV matte Screen, 2011 model

Looking to purchase a 2011 55 inch LED, 3D compatible HDTV with a matte screen. Samsung and Panasonic only offer glossy screens which relect much glare. Only Vizio and LG offer 2011 models with a matte screen. I know a glossy screen is more vibrant, but it also gives me eye strain due to the glare it produces. In short, when the TV is off I do not want to be able to use the screen as a mirror. Any specific model recommendation would be helpful. My budget is $2500.00.
kjl

Showing 1 response by bighead63

IMO if your getting that much glare on a screen and you're trying to do serious viewing you need to invest in some window coverings ect such as black out shades. A great TV in bright lighting never really looks correct and if your doing 3D the brightness will also have to increase as well as the glasses have a dimming effect.

Personally I still say a Plasma that is properly calibrated is a very nice set (that being a GOOD Plasma not a piece of junk). LED is also nice but once again I have to have a set that is calibrated as the setting out of the box are far too bright and hurt the eyes more due to their brightness over the glare in a properly light room.

I also agree that the AVS forums does make one think everything is terrible. Read with a grain of salt. Most over there do know and test the products beyond what any normal viewer will do.

I personally Own a VT25 and love the set and would never go back to a LCD or LED set after getting it and having it set up correctly. Plenty bright in my bedroom and offers a fantastic PQ.