Seek Integrated for 1000 dollars, new / used, suggestions?

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for suggestions for an integrated amplifier with a remote for around $1000. I currently have B&W 620i speakers, which I plan to upgrade in the future. I also plan on eventually buying a separate amplifier that I will connect to the integrated for better sound. I like building things in stages rather than all at once and will be able to spend more money this way.

I visited Sound by Singer in NY and listened to the NAD C370 (~$550). I liked it as much as the Arcam A75, but not as much as the new Krell KAV-300iL, which at $3250 was out of my price range. I am not opposed to used / demo gear (KAV-300i maybe?). My CD player is old junk, it is next on the list.

I live in an apartment in the city, so I don't play at very loud volumes, and my listening tastes tend mostly toward electronic and classical music.

Doing this research has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

I am looking for thoughts / suggestions.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
ponzio

Showing 1 response by gunbei

Hi Ponzio.

You might want to check the classifieds here on Audiogon for the Audio Analogue Puccini and the Jolida 1501A. Brand new the Puccini sells for between $900 and $1300. Used price is around $500-600. The Jolida can be had used for about the same price.

Some others to consider are the Creek 5350, Simaudio i-5080 and Moon I-5. These range from $800-$1500 used. I've owned the Moon I-5 for a year now and still love it. At $2600 retail it is a bit outside your range, but you might be able to find one here for half that.

I searched for a very long time myself. And yes it was a lot of fun too. However, the journey really only began once I got the Simaudio. From there, I went into a full-on audiophile tweak/upgrade frenzy resulting in the purchase of multitudes of cables and isolation tweaks. Not to mention another set of speakers, a DAC and a transport.

Basically, once I got the amp, I got bit by the bug hard and went much further than I ever thought I would. Proceed with caution my friend.

Good luck and have fun!