Seek Integrated for 1000 dollars, new / used, suggestions?

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for suggestions for an integrated amplifier with a remote for around $1000. I currently have B&W 620i speakers, which I plan to upgrade in the future. I also plan on eventually buying a separate amplifier that I will connect to the integrated for better sound. I like building things in stages rather than all at once and will be able to spend more money this way.

I visited Sound by Singer in NY and listened to the NAD C370 (~$550). I liked it as much as the Arcam A75, but not as much as the new Krell KAV-300iL, which at $3250 was out of my price range. I am not opposed to used / demo gear (KAV-300i maybe?). My CD player is old junk, it is next on the list.

I live in an apartment in the city, so I don't play at very loud volumes, and my listening tastes tend mostly toward electronic and classical music.

Doing this research has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

I am looking for thoughts / suggestions.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
ponzio

Showing 1 response by fineberg

For new gear, you could use the Musical Fidelity A3 ($995)
or if you can spend more and want more power, the A300 for $1500 (You might find either of these used but they are not common). Both are superb and have been recommended by Stereophiole, etc. In used gear there are lots of great options including the Krell KAV300i (1200-1500 used), but there are lots of others (YBA, Electrocompanient, Bryston BP60). However, I have to say I am very enamoured of the MF gear right now.