Second arm for Garrard 401 or a better main arm???

Hi all,

I been told there's room on my plinth for a second arm. Only room for a 9" maybe 10" arm. It's a large Jarrah plinth..

ATM I have a 12" SA750L Jelco arm. With the possible carts Denon 103 with ESC mods. Benz Micro SL Wood and a Benz Micro Ace Mono, also a Ortofon 78 cart for a recent gift from my dad of his 200 or so collection of shellac

My thinking being to have the mono cart on the second arm.. With a maybe a occasional change over for 78 play..

Or do I consider a better main arm with the quick ability to change carts...
Has any body with a 401 use either a Graham or VPI tone arm?? I like their ability to change wands overs. However my budget might not enough for the latest Graham. But I have been offered an older graham 2.2 with two arm wands. I've mainly seen garrard's with SME type arms with the occasional different arm.. Is it a matter of synergy with the TT..

Suggestions would be really helpful..

Thanks
kensell21

Showing 1 response by harold-not-the-barrel

Ask Vic if he has an used/refurbished Terminator air bearing linear tracker. I´ve been running a Terminator for 5 years now and haven´t looked back ever since. Probably the greatest bargain in analog audio you will ever get. And try his Reso-Mat too, it´s very cheap. I think you won´t be disappointed.

www.Trans-Fi Audio.com