sealed bookshelf advice, to pair with jolida 1301

Hey all,

I'm putting together I guess a mid-fi system that'll fit on a small bookshelf. After looking at a lot of solid state integrateds and vintage amps/receievers, I think that the Jolida 1301 is going to fit the bill really nicely. I'm now looking for a pair of speakers (my < 10" deep requirement is much easier to handle in the realm of speakers). I believe I want them sealed or front ported since they'll be in a shelf and close to the back of a wall. I do realize I'm sacrificing sound quality by sticking the system in a shelf, but for now it's what I have to do.

So, two speakers I'm seriously considering are the NHT Classic Two and the JMLabs Chorus 705. I am also potentially considering the B&W DM600.

I'd love advice about which of these speakers, or other speakers you might recommend, would 1) work well on a bookshelf and 2) pair well with that jolida hybrid amp.

Thanks so much!
pfibiger

Showing 1 response by wratman

You won't go wrong with the NHT SB2. I have owned a pair for a few years now. Speakers come and go quite frequently at my house, but the SB2s aren't going anywhere soon.
I use them as part of my whole house system, placed on bookshelves in my living room. They perform beautifully even with about 50ft of wire between the speakers and the amp.
Another speaker you might consider is the Spendor 3/5se. I'm sorry I sold those.
Good luck