sealed bookshelf advice, to pair with jolida 1301

Hey all,

I'm putting together I guess a mid-fi system that'll fit on a small bookshelf. After looking at a lot of solid state integrateds and vintage amps/receievers, I think that the Jolida 1301 is going to fit the bill really nicely. I'm now looking for a pair of speakers (my < 10" deep requirement is much easier to handle in the realm of speakers). I believe I want them sealed or front ported since they'll be in a shelf and close to the back of a wall. I do realize I'm sacrificing sound quality by sticking the system in a shelf, but for now it's what I have to do.

So, two speakers I'm seriously considering are the NHT Classic Two and the JMLabs Chorus 705. I am also potentially considering the B&W DM600.

I'd love advice about which of these speakers, or other speakers you might recommend, would 1) work well on a bookshelf and 2) pair well with that jolida hybrid amp.

Thanks so much!
pfibiger

Showing 1 response by jaybo

check out the gradient prelude.....sealed box with the same point source mid/bass thats in the large revolution. no ports, and can be placed in the open or against the wall, or on a bookshelf. huge sweetspot, and very, very 'quadlike' in the midrange. an overlooked gem of a speaker.