Schweikert VR4-Jr vs. Gallo Reference 3 with SA

Good Day All,

I have read a number of post with regard to these two speakers, but many are fairly old and before the Gallo's were even officially released. I am now trying to get as much input as possible on comparing these. Please not that it is between the VR4-Jr and the Gallo Reference 3 WITH THE SUBWOOFER AMP. Without considering the price difference ($4000 for VR4-Jr vs $3400 for Ref 3 and SA) and without alternative suggestions, would anyone who has been able to listen to these two please post their opinions, comments, experiences etc.

With Thanks and Regards,
X
xenithon

Showing 2 responses by robm321

I agree with jcruse. You won't be disappointed with either speaker. Since you made your choice - don't drive yourself crazy wondering, just enjoy the Gallo’s.

I think they are both in the accurate uncolored camp. As to which is more accurate – who knows. It would be a judgment call and any component in the system could add coloration that some would contribute to the speaker. So, just know they are both similar in that respect.
I agree with Aaccss. The vr4 jr is a very uncolored experience to my ears. It doesn't get much better than that. Great tweeter, midrange to die for, and bass lower and tighter than most speakers in this price range. That's why they got a great review and why people are talking about them.

Rob