Schumann Resonator

I got 2 of these from Amazon...careful that free returns are applicable.  I charged them up, turned them on and holy moly.....they do help with my system.   What I hear is clarity....space between instruments, a definite difference in upright and electric bass, wider soundstage...you know...all the good stuff. At first I thought it might be increased brightness, but no....it is still the same in that regard.  I still can't believe it, and will listen again tomorrow (saved the packaging for the return)...but today, I'm about to keep them.
128x128stringreen
MC:    "Starting with one I added a couple at a time until now at 8 with 2 more on the way. Each one improved the same amount as the last. So much for the "law" of diminishing marginal returns. Some say they need to be 5ft off the floor."
                  How you gonna get in your listening room MC?

Little has been said about what is the active effect giving rise to perception of improved sound quality.

Given (1) the reported effects of these waves on humans and (2) the 7.83Hz frequency is well below the bottom of the audible audio band, it seems to me that any effect it has on perceived sound from an audio system it more likely to be caused by its effect on the listener than by its effect on the sound in the room or on system components. I posit it is likely it is the well-being effect of the waves on the listener that is improving his/her perception of the sound quality.  His level of well being has changed, not the sound.

Another aspect that has not been touched on here is the the volume of the output. Does the beneficial effect increase as the volume of the waves is increased? If so, is there some limiting point?

Some postings state adding further generators causes bigger improvements in perceived SQ. So it could follow that higher volume from one generator could do the same. Since signals at this low frequency are very non-directional, I posit that one high volume generator will have similar effect to multiple lower volume ones.

Moving on, when I can again eat at a top restaurant should I take a Schumann generator with me?  My perception of the quality of the food may rise as a result of my heightened feeling of well being.  Other diners may remark on the difference.

While I am in bed with my wife......

Should I carry one at all times?

@clearthinker - I think the way the system’s sound hits our ears is directly related to how we perceive the sound. On any day, if I sit just a few feet from my primary listening spot, the sound changes because the sound waves hit my ear differently due to the directionality of the waves and reflections in the room. Holographic imaging is likely lost. 

The resonator affects sound waves in the same way. Though it may only emit 7.83hz frequencies, remember that frequencies’ phasing intersect at the top of the wave and phase out at the bottom of the wave, and effects can be generated as frequencies intersect at their intervals (e.g. if perfectly in phase, 7.83hz may affect 15hz every two cycles, 30hz every four cycles, 60hz every eight, etc). That way this affects may cancel some frequencies, amplify others, but it brings a “pattern” into the way it may do it, which in most times will likely “clean” it a little and bring a sense of satisfaction.

bhvf44 posts
02-23-2021 6:21pm
I read through that. It's where I got the above quote. No good answers but I found the DIY forum post I'm going to read through while listening to this awesome Billy Strings concert at the Cap Theater. Highly recommend for any jam/folk/bluegrass fans.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I went through this a few months back. I was asking all kinds of questions... LOL

Just get a few.. Your brain actually "ticks" at the 7.83. LOL I think mine is tickin' a little slower, than some..

"little boxes you plug into the wall produce electromagnetic radiation tuned to 7.83 Hz. This is the frequency that the earth/atmosphere “rings” at when the Earth is struck by lightning. It is also a common frequency your brain “ticks” at."

It is strange, but it changed my perception of what I hear, or the environment I'm listening in.. I think of it as the pink room effect less the negative effect of over exposure, via SUB sonic @ very very low DB.

I just don't like some of the nomenclature used to describe it "RADIATION".. Sounds pretty sterile.. LOL

Regards
This is where Geoff Kaitt is sorely missed. He could explain it and add a quiz, plus tell us how it affects wormholes. Thankfully, I haven't encountered any rips in the fabric of reality when I used the one I bought.