Schitt turntable anyone?

Hi folks, looking like the new Schitt turntable is nigh upon us. Could this be a giant killer?

https://darko.audio/2017/07/the-art-of-the-tease-schiits-forthcoming-sol-turntable/

If this is under $800 it will tear up the competition methinks.
bstatmeister
You could tell from that video that the Schiit is not as attractive as a Rega P3?  The lighting and the photography were so poor that I wouldn't venture a guess, myself.  But the Schiit does seem, based on verbal description, to be of a quality in construction that is above the low end Rega/Music Hall/ProJect standard, with all due respect to those products.  I also think the Schiit tonearm is clever and novel; whether that equates to "good" in actual use remains to be seen.  Anyway, as someone else said and I inferred above, if it's any good at all, folks will be going off the deep end in overstating its wonderfulness.
Hi folks, looking like the new Schitt turntable is nigh upon us.
Hardly. That article was published last year and there has been no further mention of the table anywhere. It will certainly slay some giants if/when it does come around because Schiit is a brand that survives through placebo. 
Mike talked me into buying a Linn Sondek back in the 70s before he and Neil started Theta. At that time Mike was a BIG turntable guy and told me that would make the greatest and most musical change to my system. Of course then he designed the Theta digital stuff, but still talked to me about the Linn and mods. I’m sure he’s still has an analog streak.
It looks like just another belt drive turntable. If they wanted to do something not so ho hum they should design a good direct drive model and get rid of that crappy uni-pivot arm.