Schiit Freya plus. Is this an upgrade?

Any opinions on this version versus the previous?

https://www.schiit.com/products/freya-2

"differential triode input with semi-circlotron follower stage"

????
recluse
On the clicks, they do not come through the audio system.   Volume increase is very smooth.   It is just the physical relays engaging for the stepped attenuation.   This is the highest quality volume control you can have.  Both CJ and ARC use stepped attenuation.   
rrebello9,

Thanks for your comments about the Freya.  I have a GFP-750 and tried a Freya last year and was shocked at how much better the GFP-750 was, not subtle, but massive (in all modes).  I was not sure if the Freya I got was defective, and Schiit never advised it was when I returned it.  Seeing your post tells me that something was not right with my unit.  

Now the question is do I try the Freya +, or the Freya S?  I am leaning towards the S, as it has the Nexus active stage with no gain, and I traditionally run in passive on my GFP-750.  As I run balanced, I don't want (need) the extra 12db of gain from the tube section.  My system is a Schiit Gungir Multibit, Sunfire Stereo Amp, NHT active crossover, Magnapan 3.5s (factory rebuilt last year), Rythmik E15 subwoofer.  
Oh, I should note, I am looking at going from the GFP-750 because volume knob is scratchy in the right channel when using balanced and the remote is getting flaky.  The volume pot is still available, but other parts are becoming NLA (balance).  I am worried I will have a paperweight in a few more years.  
mcreyn,

I would try the Freya+.    I am running upgraded tubes (Sylvania NIB NOS for the gain section - with the Tung Sol at the buffer).   As I mentioned, I have a very sensitive amplifier section and the new Freya+ is dead quiet in the tube output for my system (Martin Logan Self Powered Purity).   Worst case, you get to try both SS and tube.   Have fun!   
I've recently found some NOS GE tubes here and there (mostly there), and having messed around with a bunch of 6SN7GTBs the GEs are my faves. My little Dennis Had SEP amp likes a little gain coming in so the tube output of my "original and possibly extremely valuable since they don't make this version anymore and it makes me very special and fortunate" Freya works nicely.