Schiit Freya damage by giving it an electric static discharge on the volume knob.

Anyone had his Schiit Freya Tube Preamp "zapped" by carpet electricity build-up while touching the metal volume knob? just to find out the your device lost 70% of its original volume out?
Today, the wife while trying to lower the volume on my music she accidentally gave a carpet electric discharge to the knob and the music stopped, but the unit remained off, so I turned it off, and back on, just to find out that the volume knob, did not make any relay noise until you start getting to the 3 0-clock position, then little by little the music starts playing back but when you get to the maximum, the output it only about 30% of it,
I believe the volume relay board got damaged up to some point, but since I am not familiar with this type of "volume technology", I have no idea the extent of the damage. Wondering if any Freya users there heard of this issue before, how to fix it, and how to prevent this from happening in the future.
128x128centaurojz
I use a 3 inch square anti static mat that is grounded to my wall receptacle.  I touch the mat on the audio rack before I touch any of my delicate equipment.  I fried an Audible Illusions preamp once due to static and it wasn’t cheap to fix. 
I also shock myself on my rack before touching any equipment, but I am in a listening room in the basement, my system is not available to neuro-typical humans. I too live in a dry, cold environment with much static electricity. I'm seriously looking at the Schiit Freya as a future alternate pre so tagging this thread. IME Schiit is pretty good about supporting owners of their gear, have you tried to drop Stoddard an email?
Wonder what they use for the volume control of the relays. If it’s like an encoder it may have got damaged or the position of the volume could be lost for reference. Not sure grasping at straws. May want to try turning the  volume all the way down then power cycle it. 
FWIW, I have recently sent back two, yes TWO, faulty Schiit Freya+ pre-amps.

This has nothing to do with your issue other than there possibly being some over-arching quality issues.

I know folks love the Freya and Freya+, and the passive and SS buffer sounded nice, but the tube section was faulty in both units I received.  I tried multiple tubes from known good units to eliminate the tubes from being the problem.  One had severe noise issues during playback, the second only hummed before releasing the magic smoke in about 10-20 seconds.

Good luck.  You will probably have to send it in for service.  I wouldn't admit to the "static discharge".  Probably outside of a warranty claim (Act of God , abuse, etc.).
I had issues with a new Freya after connecting a Loki (tone controller) to the system.
When I sent them back as not working correctly Schiit denied my issue claiming it
all "Tested correctly". Hence a 15% restocking fee was assessed. Will not be buying
this brand again.  Their QC is 2nd rate.