Schiit DAC Crashes Audirvana

I've tested this on my Mac Mini and Mac Laptop and while Audirvana works fine with other DACs, when I try and run it with the Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC I recently purchased it crashes Audirvana, every time.

Whoops!

Suggestions on similarly priced and performing DACs that work with Audirvana?
cdc2

Showing 2 responses by 213runnin

In my experience with internet companies, they typically have a smaller staff to keep the costs down on their products.  Ascend, Hsu, Emotiva and Schiit are the ones I've dealt with.

The problem with a smaller staff is, when a new product launch is underway( or some other really busy time), customer service takes a dip. It's not a good way to treat customers, in my opinion.  But there you are.

In this case, Schiit has recently released not one but two new products, and is trying like mad to keep up with orders and keeping the new products in stock.  That's probably why the delay in answering your email.  I'd email again, politely asking for a response.  I'd hit them with 3 or 4 emails. 

As suggested above, you might contact Audirvana too, since the issue might be known to them.

Also, you don't mention if the DAC runs fine when not employing Audirvana?

I would also suggest not sending it back.  All ID companies insist on having a return authorized first.  If you send it back, they might just refuse it, not knowing what's going on.
I'm glad Schiit finally got back to you.  I've got the Bifrost Multibit, and it makes crappy mp3 files sound better than I've ever heard them.  I expect the Gumby (Schiit gearhead lingo for Gungnir Multibit) would sound even better at 18 bits.