Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre

Showing 14 responses by jonmc138

I'm hoping you're right about cables making a difference. I'm hoping to get some Ansuz X speaker cables to replace my Naim NACA5. My dealer says they are a very good cable for the price. I think they are a bit pricey at around $1800-$1900 for a 3M pair but that seems to be a bargain compared to some cables.
I have mine placed very close to the wall using as surrounds in a 5.1 setup and they are performing great. They should perform fine as maids close to the wall since they are front ported but you will lose some depth in the soundstage. 
In my 20'x10' room driving my 2.5 with a 70w NaimUniti 2 turned up half way is too loud in my room. I'm sure more power wouldn't hurt but I don't think it's needed. 
 I heard Monitor Audio GX200 a couple of years back and thought it sounded nice. The ribbon tweeter on it kind of helped me decide on the MB2.5. 
Not sure I would say that. My experience with the GX200 was good enough for me to blind buy the MB2.5 over a year ago. I have not thought about upgrading since then. Well I have thought about mb3.5 and now the new mb5. Same tweeter. 

Yes. 
Yes. 
That helps. 
Warmer side. 
Naim. I read article that also commented about the SS/Naim synergy. This was a demo at Raidho/SS HQ and that's what they use. Says it all for me. To be fair I use a NaimUniti 2 with my 2.5 but my dealer also uses that combo for audition too. 
I think the sound changed after some time in them but it just be getting used to the sound. I talked to one of those sellers and he was using them I. The bedroom I believe and they needed more room. They do need some space in between them. 7'-9' and closer to 9' is better. They like good electronics and seem to be very fond of Naim. I've had mine a little I've a year and have only considered upgrading to 3.5 of the new MB-5. Probably won't do either for a bit but it's an option. If you like to play loud then the 2.5 may not be best for you. I get best results around 80-85dbs but that may just be me in my room. I listen to a bit of everything but mostly rock. 
Mono and stereo high end audio magazine suppose to have one but not sure if it's been released yet. 
I agree with that jjue. For the price it would be tough to replace my 2.5. Very happy with them. Would be nice if I could keep them 9' apart but that won't work in my current room. I'm stuck at 7.5'. 
Interesting you found the treated room sounded better since the Scansonic/Raidho speakers seem to work well with little treatment. Unless you're referring to bass traps that helped with the boominess you were referring to in your earlier post. 
If you're looking for concert levels then these are not for you. I've had my 2.5 "pop" a couple of times on bass heavy tracks turned up. I just don't turn them up that loud anymore. Still plenty loud for my room but not loud enough for my neighbors to know what song I'm playing.