Scams in the audio industry?

7504ed1a 1fd4 440c ae3d 83599a6ac1f6mastering92
@oregonpapa ,

"Some of my fellow salesman would wire one set of speakers out of phase to trick people into buying speakers they were getting "spiffed" on. You worked on a base commission but equipment that the owner want to move for one reason of another had bonuses we called "spiffs." Obviously, you would go out of your way to sell a piece you made an additional $50 on."

"Uh, these were not "salesmen." They were criminals. Big difference between the two. Just sayin' ..."
Frank

Well said. In audio circles the two can easily be confused.

Hence the efforts of the likes of ASR, Ethan Winer, Peter Aczel, Alan Shaw, Audioholics etc.
Look, we all want to make our systems sound better. The question is how and on what basis.
I know how because i made it myself WITHOUT buying anything...
I did it on the SOLE scientific basis: PSYCHOACOUSTICS...With 2 years of listening experiments with peanuts cost materials...

You have to know by now that there are people who will try and scam you any way that they can and audiophiles are prime targets. Those of us that think they can trust their hearing are right in the cross hairs.
I dont like your crusade against ALL "tweaks" or products you will decide a priori are scam without even trying them or against those who decided that they are satisfied by them.... I dont BUY ANYTHING myself by the way and NEVER advise people to buy costly tweaks on the contrary i prefer homemade no cost solutions and i advised people non stop on my own thread about homemade no cost solutions instead of any costly products whatsoever.... I dont like crusaders on ANY side ...Especially ignorant one that advise us to not trust our ears .... My mechanical equalizer is way more efficient than your electronical one to adress a room set of problems and it is PURE SCIENCE by the way but we need EARS to tune it....

There is very little mystery behind any of this and in my experience when there is an excellent system at hand everyone to a man will say, "darn, that is something special." We do know it when we hear it and we all want to take our system’s there. There are no short cuts but you do not have to spend a bazillion dollars either.
There is no mystery perhaps but there is an unacknowledged scientific fact unbeknownst to most, including you , that ACOUSTIC, and especially psychoacoustic, is the key to audiophile experience.... I know it and i dont need anybody to assure me about the sonic quality of my system... It cost me 500 bucks and there is "no short cut" no, you are right here, it takes me 2 years of listening experiments to transform it at his optimal level....Keep then your cheap advices i am not a child....

There is equipment that excels at reasonable prices. Look for that equipment. Learn about the technicalities so you know what to look for. Don’t waste your money on silliness. Rich people can afford it, most of us can’t. But, at the end of the day it does not make for a better system either. Just a waste of money, money that could be spent on music or charity. Save your money for meaningful upgrades. Analyze your system and have the next step in mind. Attack the problem methodically. Is this getting corny enough yet?
I dont need your childish lesson because i dont need anything, nor any new gear, any upgrades, and you really upset me with your bad faith....

Instead of arguments to ANY of my posts you made allusion here linking me to scams.... And you link me to some other poster you hate here .... This is not good faith discussion this is stupid arrogance and sarcasm...

I dont enter in your 2 box neuron: subjectivist/ objectivist, i dont eat this bulshitt, because this distinction is pure bulshitt.... Psychoacoustic is a science...

My mechanical equalizer is based on psychoacoustic, a subject you dont know it seems...You dont trust your ears then what can you do?
Selling electronical equalizer that cannot adress room problems but are only partial solution and relative tool ?....This is the opposite of my mechanical equalizer which is an integral part of the room and work only fine tuned by listening experiments....

By the way if you have a problem with someone dont associate me with him, you are a child or an adult?

I am NOT in a group here, not with you, nor with anyone else....

If you read my post you must know that i related ONLY on myself to create my experience, and i never boasted about ANY KNOWN products or miraculous solutions at all...Contrary to you.....I sell creativity, trust in our own ears experience and learning, and in no cost products or experiments.... WHO SAY BETTER?

Then speak to me DIRECTLY and about my posts .... Not by allusions or allegations OR ASSOCIATION with someone you dont like....Be a man....
I think we should all keep in mind this quote by the noble prize winning physicist Richard Feynman, "The easiest person to fool is yourself".
... and the dead horse flogging continues ...
Please ignore any comments that suggest one should buy products you deem as a scam, or unworthy in any way, otherwise your assessment is invalid.

It’s obviously a cheap ploy in many cases to generate more sales or on other cases merely a way for someone to try to discredit others with different educated opinions. 
Junk is junk. People know it when they see it. No reason to buy junk to find out.   At the same time a piece of junk may be another mans treasure. I’m perfectly ok with that.   Different strokes.  Whatever turns one on.