Scam dealer on Ebay?

I’ve been noticing an Ebay dealer by the handle "skillful_sailor_japan" selling some good kit at exorbitant prices. Sponsored listings so they come up in your searches. Be careful out there especially if you’re not used to buying online/ebay. An example is a Jelco 250 (retails for $350) for $2000.

128x128noromance
One need look no further than Amazon to see ridiculously high prices for all manner of things, from out of print rare CDs, cassettes, signed tennis racquets, etc. Folks, this high listing technique is not a scam, it’s a sign that the thing is considered - at least by the seller - to have a potentially high value - at some time in the future. It’s speculation. Of course most of these high priced items don’t sell. That’s why they’re are still listed. That’s why you will see the the listening there for a year or two or more sometimes. Some things actually go up in value, so you never know, a thing’s value is what someone pays for it, someone who is not under any pressure to do so. Have you seen what Tesla stock is going for? Apple?
Geoffkait I notice you seem to condone this behavior of trying to scam or ask high prices.  Who in their right mind is going to buy for example a ML amp for $7500 that sold for $2000 less new? Or selling for $5000 less on the used market. The OP was simply stating a fact about this Ebay seller. 

That’s a Strawman argument since obviously don’t think its a scam. How can I condone it if i don’t think its a scam in the first place? Hel-loo!
OK some dude in Japan is trying to lure total idiots to buy high end at inflated prices.  It may not technically be a scam however, it is close to it.  Are you a conspiracy theorist lol?
+1 Geoff and Dill. Because that Japanese seller is not a scammer, seems to me he´s nothing but a seller. It´s his business to sell for the prices he wants. Buyer buys or does not. And life goes on.

I just wonder if OP has been mistreated in some way by that seller. Well, he apparently has already because this thread is against his business. Has he earned it for any reason I just wonder...

As for vintage/used Hi-Fi gear (or anything else) all succesful transactions goes to the point when a buyer and a seller DESIDE to agree, then the final price is practically irrelevant. When both are happy nothing else matters. If I want a certain item for a certain price, be it low (suits me well) or high (suits seller well), I will get it... one way (from seller 1) or other (from seller 2). If a seller wants certain price for his items, be it rare or valuable or not, or the price high or low, it´s OK. If you don´t like his prices you go elsewhere. This is a free world and free market, thank goodness ! And I do believe most and almost all are honest on selling forums, according to my ten years+ experience on eBay. I had ONE scam buyer who actually tried to get a full refund (nearly 2600 € + registered shipping) for my perfectly working very expensive and rare Luxman TT even BEFORE he would have shipped it back and even after my friendly gesture to pay a half of the expensive shipping but luckily eBay eventually sided me after month´s painfull asking and waiting. Well, that jerk left a negative fb and tried to fool both me AND ebay. That was his final mistake LOL. eBay also removed that negative fb. This time I was lucky but it won´t happen again. I´ve learned my lesson. My advice to all sellers on eBay: Be extremely careful with them and PayPal especialy as they almost every time side buyer, be they scammers or not.