Saved by a Bose Wave radio

My Music Hall Trio had to go in for service and I just sold my extra pre-amp (sumo)which had just been sitting around.
Well, I had a brainstorm for my office system: Bose wave radio for pre and tuner, Pioneer Elite DVD/CD, Yamaha M-45 amp and Coincident speakers.
I can't believe what a decent job that nasty little bose is doing. My clock is a pre-amp tuner! Does it rival a modded Music Hall? NO. Will it get me by for the next 3-4 weeks? Definitely and is doing a decent job. It even is able to sense that I'm using the variable outputs and shut off the speakers automatically as well as changed the volume settings.
elevick

Showing 1 response by uru975

The Bose radio CD alarm clock works actually quite well,
it tells time accurately, and has a battery back up for power failures, short duration only. The alarm feature lets you wake up to the CD of your choice, in my case an original version, non orchestrated of Applachian Spring.
I know of no other audio device that tells time, has an alarm, and lets you choose either CD or radio to wake up to.
If there is such a beast, Tivoli does not make one to my knowledge, let me know.
For listening to music there is my other system