Sansui SP-1500 Speakers

Does anyone know that watts and db rating on these speakers? Are there any inexpensive mods for them?
kt_88

Showing 2 responses by kt_88

Bdgregory,

Thanks for the reply. I did a bit more research and found that the SP-1700's were rated at 70 watts. It seems to me that I saw a pair of SP-1600's on ebay one time so I assume that mine would be rated at 50 watts. I picked mine up from a Salvation Amry store for $6.00 each so I'm not out any serious change for these. I just hooked them up tonight and find them to be similar to old JBL. But then if i recall the old Sansui speakers were refered to as " The JBL of Japan.

I did find this post on audio asylum if you want to follow the link. http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/vintage/messages/126191.html
I have had mine playing continuosly since I began the post. They really are starting to open up. ( who would have though this with such an old pair of speakers? ) At first they were very scratchy sounding in the mids and highs, now they are smoothing out quite nicely. I think I might let it play out before going further. And actually this is an upgrade for this system, I was running a pair of cheap Sony's I got for free at a garage sale when I bought an old receiver sometime back.