Sansui AU-111 vacuum tube amplifier

I am interested in the vintage Sansui AU-111 integrated vacuum tube amplifier. I know it was reissued in 1999 and is currently very rare. Could anyone tell me whether it can be reissued again? Is it possible to custom-make this amplifier in the US or Japan using ex-Sansui engineers and technicians?

I will appreciate your opinion and recommendation.
transl
Hi, the AU-111 is a miracle. Its sheer musicality is second to none. Mine was compared to the most expensive VAC Phi, Manley separates, VTL Reference stuff, Boulder SS separates, Shindo pre/power combo, Hovland and Audio Research, just to mention a few, and THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Superior to today's megabuck units. Its output transformers are worth $1000 each alone. The 1999 AU-111 reissue wasn't as good as the early original. It would be impossible to duplicate one because the reissue Hashimoto transformers are NOT the same, and the Suzuki caps are unavailable. You can find early AU-111 on the used market from time to time and they fetch up to $2500 in POOR condition.
If one ever came up for sale in mint or near mint condition, free of rust and bad caps, especially with the rare optional A-603 plug-in MC step-up transformers, it would be the priceless ultimate amp to own. And that's an understatement.
I don't know if phonoclassics is 100% right; but I think he is right about the transformers.
Hi,
I got a Sansui AU111, fully serviced by my best tech.
I plugged my vintage Hegeman model 1 speakers to test it.
My first impression is Clarity, transparet voices, extended treble and deep deep bass. But I think it sounds a little too bright to me. I will hook my Sabsui SPLE8t soon, thise are suposed yo be one of the best matches for this amp.

I used to service those amps back in the day... At the shops where I worked I tended to be the one doing the tube equipment when it showed up.

The output transformers were pretty decent. But the parts quality was pretty bad. They used paper and oil coupling caps but had reliability problems (I've seen them leaking more than once). The tube sockets were terrible and were prone to bad connections.

I can't comment on the sound- its been too many decades since I last saw one. At least I can say that when I fixed them they didn't seem to have any troubles lasting out the service warranty of the shops where I worked. 
I agree that the Sansui AU-111 is amazing, and to me would be the piece to own.  Sansui is the one company who’s solid state gear also sounds wonderful.  I have many Sansui receivers both tube and solid state along with several integrated amps, and all of them share a sonic sweetness that you won’t hear in other brands.  I have a 9090db that seems to do everything just right.  But I still pine for an original AU-111.  

Vintage Marantz  sound,  both tube and solids state is more laid back and not sweet like Sansui, but still very very good and easier to find.

I love them both. Keep in mind anything that old will need proper service.  
N

I have a Sansui AU-111 purchased while in the Navy on Guam in 1968. I still have it, and I don't think there is enough money to make me part with it.  I am a electronic tech, and have been servicing all types of electronic devices for more than 50 years, and have never heard a better warmer, richer, or more accurate sound than from the AU-111.  I completely restored it, replacing ALL capacitors, balanced the 6l6GC plate current, etc.  It is in immaculate condition both visually and technically, not a blemish on cabinet or interior.  Have it paired with Polk SDA II speakers.  I was also was able to obtain a pair of original A-603 MC transformers from one of the Sansui officials who had a lot of original parts  purchased from Sansui when they shut down operations.  He was living in Michigan when I located him.  I have the original manual, service manual, and a second manual I found on ebay a few years ago. 
Just thought I would add my opinion to the postings.  This is my first post.ncridgerunner
Thanks
ncridgerunner for your interesting post and experience...

I bought my Sansui AU 7700 precisely because Sansui tube amplifier success and their ability to replicate it on their S.S. design...I also never look back....

My deepest regards....