Sansui AU-111 vacuum tube amplifier

I am interested in the vintage Sansui AU-111 integrated vacuum tube amplifier. I know it was reissued in 1999 and is currently very rare. Could anyone tell me whether it can be reissued again? Is it possible to custom-make this amplifier in the US or Japan using ex-Sansui engineers and technicians?

I will appreciate your opinion and recommendation.
transl

Showing 1 response by phonoclassics

Hi, the AU-111 is a miracle. Its sheer musicality is second to none. Mine was compared to the most expensive VAC Phi, Manley separates, VTL Reference stuff, Boulder SS separates, Shindo pre/power combo, Hovland and Audio Research, just to mention a few, and THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THAT ANYMORE. Superior to today's megabuck units. Its output transformers are worth $1000 each alone. The 1999 AU-111 reissue wasn't as good as the early original. It would be impossible to duplicate one because the reissue Hashimoto transformers are NOT the same, and the Suzuki caps are unavailable. You can find early AU-111 on the used market from time to time and they fetch up to $2500 in POOR condition.
If one ever came up for sale in mint or near mint condition, free of rust and bad caps, especially with the rare optional A-603 plug-in MC step-up transformers, it would be the priceless ultimate amp to own. And that's an understatement.