sansui 2000a 35 wpc 8ohms and kef c80 4ohm

what do you think ? thank you
rocky1313
Just looking at the specs of the speakers, they are not that efficient you may have issues with enough power other then that I don't see any reason you can not try it see what it sound like. The Sansui is 35wpc into 8ohms so most likely more into 4ohms I could not find a spec sheet for that model on my Sansui site. But I suspect you'll be fine on the amp side. if you have both try it.

My thinking is your speakers are too low a sensitivity for the amp.

Hopefully someone here with more experience with this speaker can give you more details. 

Specification: C80
System Type: Three-way, floor standing
Enclosure type: Closed box
Size: 850 x 265 x 315mm (33.5 x 10.4 x 12.4 inches)
Weight: 19.8kg (43.5 lb)
Nominal Impedance: 4ohms resistive
Rated maximum power: 300W programme (into 4 ohms)
Frequency response: 50Hz to 20kHz +/-3dB (-6dB at 38Hz)
Sensitivity: 87/89*dB for a pink noise input of 2.83V (*dependent on contour control)
Maximum output: 112dB on programme peaks under typical listening conditions
Finish: Walnut, Rosewood or Black Ash real wood veneers
System: SP3055
Drive units: B139 bass unit (SP1212), B160 midrange unit (SP1203), T33 tweeter (SP1210)
I have a 2000x in a smaller system.  You won’t have any issues driving the speakers, especially if the Sansui has been well maintained.  Nice preamp section on theses old Sansui receivers.  I used mine as a preamp/tuner for a while as it has preamp out.

Older Sansui solids state is about as close as you can come to the tube sound without actually having tubes.  

Enjoy.

I'd be careful! That series (which IIRC includes the 5000) didn't have the most stable output sections. The 2000 held together better than the 5000 though- I saw a lot less of the 2000s than the bigger units when I serviced this sort of thing for a living.

So a few tips- the receiver should be in a clear space with nothing blocking the grill on top. I would try it out on the speakers at volume levels that you enjoy and place your hand over the grill on occasion to see how hot the amp is running. If it gets really warm, then I'd look for a different speaker. Many of the Japanese amps and receivers from this period simply didn't have adequate heatsinks to allow them to deal with 4 ohms. Back when this unit was made, speakers tended to be easier to drive. On top of that, unless the output transistors have been reseated, its very possible that the heatsink compounds used to help transfer heat from the output transistors to the heatsink has perished, in which case the outputs will be running a lot hotter than the designer expected! This can lead to failure!

Its a nice little receiver you got there. It'd be a real shame if something happened to it... Kapish?
I have a modified set of Definitive BP-10’s, which are 3 ohms. I used a 2000x (no you can’t get rock concert volume) for about six months when I was having gear cleaned and serviced.  It performed beautifully, and was completely stock and had never been serviced.  

Most listening sessions are under 15 watts per channel.  The 2000a should be fine.  The above advice is excellent, make sure the unit can breathe.  

It it is a great little receiver... just be careful with it..