Sanders Magtech Amp or Bryston 4B-SST2 4 Mags 3.6

Hi, looking to match a new amp with Mag 3.6 or 3.7 and I've heard about the Sanders but would like more feedback, especially comparing it to the Bryston or another amp you like under 5k (preferably less if used). System: AIFF files on Itunes Computer server -> DACPORT DAC via USB -> BYPASS FILTER AT 80 -> split less than 80 to JL Audio F112 Sub and over 80 to Bryston 4B-SST2 or other amp and on to Mag 3.6's (or 3.7's). No preamp in this system since volume is controlled by the cigar-sized Dacport which has worked great for me on other systems. Thanks. Laurence
ldworet
Ldworet,

I have the Spectron Musician III mono-blocks with Bybee purifiers driving the Maggies 3.6r and they are spectacular.

At the current asking price, you can't go wrong with it. Lots of control and very clean, tight and articulate sound.

One thing I would like to emphasize is that with this much power, you would need a decent (not necessarily expensive) set of speaker cables. I just recently started trying different DIY cable gauges with the same twisted configuration and the double-run 10 gauge cable I'm using now is totally amazing. Total cost: $35. That's a proof that with the Spectron amps you don't necessarily need expensive cables, but just the "right" cables for the application.
Another way to consider is finding a used Audio Research D-400II to drive the Maggies.  I know folks love Bryston but I have used this amp, in fact two of them for years on MGIIIas bi-amped and 3,7s and now 20.7s bridged when I am in the mood for 800 watts available.  Believe me though, 1 will drive the Maggies fine, and sounds wonderful and can be had under 2 grand,

Just something to consider
The huge difference between Bryston and Magtech is the shopping experience itself. Buying Bryston is as buying Apple, HP, Dell, GM or Mercedes with formal contract document with receipt as proof of purchase and buying Magtech is like buying a plier at the swap meet by handing cash and shake hands. 

As far as the sound is concerned, I see no difference between Magtech and the demo of Magnepan with Bryston at the show in Mandalay Bay. 
I hope the warranty as a word of mouth be effective even after Roger quit doing business.  
I have absolutely no problem recommending the Magtech for your speakers. I promise it will blow you away and it is absolutely no risk as Sanders gives you a 30 day in home trial. No brainer. And don’t forget to tell everyone how it worked out.

Mike
Johnwern, you obviously have not had any conversation with Roger Sanders. He is far more interested in his customers experience than anyone at Bryson. He is very much like Ralph Karsten perhaps a bit more opinionated but absolutely no bull. Having been in both Bryston and Sanders amplifiers I can attest to the fact that although rather plain looking they are built to a higher standard. Exactly what you want, no show and all go.