Samsung 65 inch model# un65f6300

I have a 3 year old Samsung tv model # un65f6300.when it is on the top half is normal brightness,but the bottom is darker and flickers.i had Sears come out and the tech said it was the control panel.i have pictures and video need help plz Thanks Bob
128x128thirsty93

Showing 2 responses by lowrider57

I have experienced this. My 3 year old Samsung LED had a semi-transparent dark bar across the middle of the screen. I found many posts on Google regarding this defect with Samsung LED’s.

The causes cited were either bad caps or the LEDs on the backlight were failing. In any event, contact Samsung service, if it’s an expensive TV they will say have it repaired. If a cheap set, then throw it out.

After about 2 weeks of the black bar, my picture completely dissappeared. So act on this right away.
My Samsung that crapped out after 3 years had superb picture quality. It was 36" for a small room and was dynamic, realistic, with great image depth. Much better than others I demoed at home.
It's possible that my generation of LED Samsung had some design or parts issue. I found many owners with picture problems when their LED was 3 years old.
Those with extended warrantys were able to get service, but often Samsung techs weren't sure what the problem was.