Salk Sound vs Legacy Audio

Impossible to answer, but always popular: tell me your experiences of these speakers. In particular, I'm looking at the Legacy Audio Classic HD and the Salk Sound Song3 Encore, with drivers from the SS9.5 speakers. Even if you don't have experience with these specific speakers, are these manufacturers known for a "signature" sound? 

I lean towards warm presentation vs. clinical accuracy. My main complaint in this hobby is listening fatigue so I'm really wanting a speaker that can move me even at low volumes. I also want a bigger soundstage and just a fuller more complete image. 

I'm in Atlanta so there is nowhere close by to hear either of these speakers. I'm just looking for lots of information to help guide my decision. Thanks, y'all! 

Robert  
rblondeau
I have the Salks you are speaking of but never heard Legacy speakers. They are very revealing speakers so it's the amp, preamp and source that give you the signature.  I know that's commonly said but I've owned I don't know how many speakers in my life and have never had anything like these. In fact, I thought they were too good and/or revealing when I got them.  Every little thing you put in your system changes the sound, but that's what a lot of people want. I would argue you can use the most revealing speaker and amp and use a good preamp and source to tailor your sound. I'm about 6 or 7 hours away from you in the Jacksonville area. If you're ever this way, you're welcome to hear them.
Thanks man! I'd love to take you up on the offer if I could. 

At this point, I'm making a significant jump in quality with these speakers, whichever I purchase. My system is comprised of a Quad 909 power amp, a Vac 20.1 Linestage run in passive mode, and a Project DS2 phono amp. Sources are Rega P3 and Cary 308 CDP. 
I have the original Salk Song3. I love them and can't imagine you wouldn't like them. I have heard Legacy at AXPONA and believe they are great too. I don't think the Salk's are overly detailed. Just right in my opinion. As a bonus, Jim Salk is a super nice guy.

I don't think the Salk's are overly detailed.
I really need to hear Salks in another system then.  I bought them after never hearing a pair and think they're very detailed, depending on the electronics of course. I'm pretty sure Jim thinks I'm crazy after all my questions post-sale but he did answer them. Speakers are a bitch to send back if you don't like them. After many changes to my system, I really like them but would not buy mail order speakers again without hearing them first. If you have a good local dealer that allows demos, support them with a speaker purchase. My locals didn't have a line I'm interested in unfortunately but Atlanta is a much better market. 
I own the Salk Veracity STs. Maybe it’s the RAAL tweeter... massive sounstage, plenty of detail, never harsh... musical. And yes, they are very responsive to the sources you feed them with. 

I’ve only heard the Legacy at shows... also great sound... but... and maybe it is the rooms they have at shows... ever so slightly bright for my taste.