Sad to say I need a new amp…

My twenty year old Mesa Tigris went up in smoke last week. It’s so thoroughly overbuilt I thought she would last forever. Lots of smoke and strong pungent odor, actually has to air the house out. I’ll call Mesa but think it’s time for a change…

The Mesa was hooked up to some Totem mites and a small REL subwoofer in my bedroom/office. So far, I’ve done some reading and have come up with some possible replacement. After my smoke out, I’m thinking solid state in the bedroom… I use a little audioengine Bluetooth receiver for my source in my office..

Exposure 2510, VanAlstine SET 120, Belles Aria and Rega Brio all sound like they would work well. Appreciate any input on these or others. Hoping to keep the cost under 2500.  I listen mostly to jazz, classical music..

wb27

I really like the Parasound A21. But if I were to buy another amp I might buy the Musical Fidelity M6 500i. An integrated amp but a very, very good dual mono design. A beast with finesse. I have heard it with Vandersteen speakers, just wonderfully musical.

@analogj You should correct your post…

Are Rogue Audio products manufactured in the United States? Yes! Every single Rogue Audio product is hand built at our factory here in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania. And from the software on the programmable chips to the amplifiers circuitry, all of our products are designed in house by our engineering team.

Sad you fostered bad info…

If your Mesa had any of the attributes of the Mesa Boogie guitar amp that sat around here for some years - I'd see about getting it fixed. That amp was mean...and with authority....it growled
I'm running a Rogue, enjoy it and am unaware of any problems as posted above. They have always been helpful with any questions and from what I understand up grades and service.

Sorry this is not quite answering your question but for jazz/classical over bluetooth in a bedroom/office, $2500, KEF LS50W partnered with your REL would be perfect. Also I agree to phase out valve amps when they break - we audiophiles should do our part in the global warming challenge.