SACD vs. Redbook with NOS DAC

Silly question? Maybe not. I've been really enjoying the SACD format for some time. Relatively recently, I've been exposed to NOS DACs and have found there are a LOT of similarities: smoothness. They both sound like analog!!

So, now I'm at a point where I'm considering dumping my SACDP for a computer-based system with NOS/filterless DAC. I was just wondering if others have gone this very same route and have thoughts to share?
paulfolbrecht

Showing 4 responses by pawlowski6132

I doubt old CD technology is BETTER than new CD technology. That doesn't make an ounce of sense.
Paulfolbrecht, I'm not talking about an evolution in technology paradigms i.e., CD player to MP3, I'm talking about improving a CDP. Do you guys expect me to believe that all these engineers spend gobs of hours and money re-designing, listening, R&D, new software algorithms, more listening comparing only to release products that are WORSE???? Don't you think they'd be able to tell that??

I'm missing something. Maybe you can enlighten me. That's what these forums are all about right?
Oh, is that what NOS means in this context. I really did think it means New Old Stock. Duh.
Thanx Paul. I'm going to drop out of this thread since I don't know what the hell I'm talking about!!

Although the topic is intriguing.