SACD's: Recomendations, ones to avoid

With SACD's costing $25 to $30 each, it would be nice to hear feedback from you guys as to which ones sound and are musicly great and which ones are turkeys. I have read comments that some of the SONY discs are not that good, i.e. Weather Report, Louis Armstrong, Billy Holiday, are simply not that well recorded to begin with. In TAS, the reviewer couldn't stand the Telarc Broadway disc.Chesky, and some other small specialty labels are bring out discs but who has ever heard of the musicians? The Audioquest discs would appear to be terrific, if you like blues.
dbear44
I have to agree. The Best SACD that I have out of my 18 SACDs so far is MFSL's Duke Ellington, Blues in Orbit. It's an incredible recording. It's too bad that this is the only SACD (dual layered actually) that MFSL released. Buy if you find it.
I have quite a few SACD's and from what I hear the Telarc and DMP discs sound great. I can't stop playing the Monty Alexander Music of Bob Marley.The Charles Mingus Ah Um (Sony) was also a real ear opener. The Audioquest discs sound great but I don't think they sound as good as the new Telarcs that are recorded directly to DSD. Stevey Ray Vaughn Couldn't stand the Weather is really lively, better than I expected, a good deal of hardness in the recording but a big improvement over the standard issue CD. Acoustic Sounds say that they are going to bring out all of their origional recordings on SACD, we'll see. The few that they have listed in their new catalog are not available yet.
Has anyone heard the Chesky releases? I would like to try some. It's too bad that they are not bringing out their new releases on SACD, Same with TELARC, only a few selected releases, so far. BTW, the Carmina Burana with the Philadelphia Orchestra was not that great a recording, I have several other versions that I prefer. I'll have to try it again since my player has "burned in". There is a great deal of tape hiss on this recording. I would be careful of the columbia reissues.
BTW: is there anyone out there? Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet with one of these machines. I would like to keep this thread going as new releases come out so I don't have to waste $30 a piece on mediocre music or recordings that don't merrit the SACD treatment.
I have had the SCD-777ES since Feb. I have all of the DMP recordings. They are at or near the top of the list. I have SACDs from each label (MFSL, DMP, Waterlilly, Sony, Telarc). It depends on the recording.