SACD iso and DSD noise when stopping or closing music player

I've had this issue with two DACS and ASIO playback of DSD files (SMSL SU-9 and my current Gustard x26 Pro). When I stop playback or close Jriver/Foobar, I get a pretty loud indescribable noise out of both of my speakers. I have to turn off the DAC to stop it. I can resolve this by sending DSD via DOP, but I would like to think there is a solution to this issue. I've tried different USB cables, PCIE cards, etc. and nothing clears this up. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Windows 11 / JRiver or Foobar / ASIO-USB / Gustard x26 Pro / AVA Vision SET 120 power amplifier / Elac Carina speakers

128x128tempest714

@tempest714 ,

I am a big fan of Foobar and upscaling everything PCM to DSD, including Internet Radio and Spotify. Check the following link to make sure you have configured F2K properly.

DSD in Foobar

I tried my laptop direct instead of my home computer: same issue. I tried all the suggestions above and thank everyone for them. This appears to be something I can only get around use DSD/DOP. I'll get over it and move on.

I did find on another forum that this is an issue with other owners of this dac and similar dacs.  A firmware update and/or ASIO driver update may help.