Sabrina X Anyone Add Subwoofer(s)

I've not seen mention of pairing these speakers with a fast subwoofer, so I thought that I would ask.

vonhelmholtz

Lots of great information.  I now believe that two subs are best.  I also agree that I should wait to see if I need to go that far.  I'm really not looking for more base as much as more authority and clarity.  I really don't want a high pass filter.  I bought an integrated amp to simplify things and I assume that Wilson put a lot of work into the speaker's internal crossover.  I don't want to interfere with all of that, so I'm guessing that a 35-40hz crossover and a steep slope.

Soix you're painting things with a pretty broad brush.  If you talking home theater then I'd have a tendency to agree.  If you're talking good 2 channel well then I'd have to disagree.  And I've owned some pretty good systems (with and without subs) and heard some of the finest (with and without subs) :-)

vonhelmholtz,

What integrated did you get? 

If you don’t want to add a highpass crossover (hard with some integrated amps) I would pass on the subs. It will be a phasy mess without one. 

Rather than subs making it a little better it will make it a little worse but the crossover will open up lots of tuning options for over all better sound. 

If you're talking good 2 channel well then I'd have to disagree. 

That’s cool.  How boring would this site be if everyone agreed all the time?

I'm really not looking for more base as much as more authority and clarity.

Well, you’re going to get much more than that.  You’ll find your entire Soundstage will expand in all directions and imaging will improve along with a better sense of air and space.  Then, if you turn the subs off the whole thing collapse and you’ll trip over yourself to turn them back on.  Anyway, that’s my experience in addition to a more solid foundation, authority, and solidity.