Sabrina X Anyone Add Subwoofer(s)

I've not seen mention of pairing these speakers with a fast subwoofer, so I thought that I would ask.

vonhelmholtz

The reason to high pass main speakers is to keep them from messing up the bass if they are messing up the bass. I begrudgingly bought a crossover one only to solve that issue. The phase control on JL audio subs is set at 80Hz, which is their preferred low pass crossover setting. Smart to be aided by a dealer although you may want to clarify what their process is in helping you set them up. I highly recommend measurement software like REW. The Sabrinas are charming speakers, best of luck.

Lots of great information.  I now believe that two subs are best.  I also agree that I should wait to see if I need to go that far.  I'm really not looking for more base as much as more authority and clarity.  I really don't want a high pass filter.  I bought an integrated amp to simplify things and I assume that Wilson put a lot of work into the speaker's internal crossover.  I don't want to interfere with all of that, so I'm guessing that a 35-40hz crossover and a steep slope.

Soix you're painting things with a pretty broad brush.  If you talking home theater then I'd have a tendency to agree.  If you're talking good 2 channel well then I'd have to disagree.  And I've owned some pretty good systems (with and without subs) and heard some of the finest (with and without subs) :-)

vonhelmholtz,

What integrated did you get? 

If you don’t want to add a highpass crossover (hard with some integrated amps) I would pass on the subs. It will be a phasy mess without one. 

Rather than subs making it a little better it will make it a little worse but the crossover will open up lots of tuning options for over all better sound.