Sabrina X Anyone Add Subwoofer(s)

I've not seen mention of pairing these speakers with a fast subwoofer, so I thought that I would ask.

vonhelmholtz

Don’t buy the JL E112s. I have two and both have broken a number of times. Using their internal highpass crossover adds a lot of electrical noise to the system (buzz/hum).  I will replace mine with a different brand sooner than later. 

Running subs under your speakers without a highpass crossover will make your system worse. the timing will never be right. 

Running subs with a proper highpass will take them to a new level. The JL CR-1 would do the trick. Add any quality sub at that point. 

based on the measurements the Sabrina needs subs unless you are placing them less than 3’ from the front wall based of the -10db point and room gain. 

Rel and Wilson make a great combination.  Have a pair of S812"s with my Alexia's.  Rel has a unique set up which makes integrating them into your system much simpler.  I had my dealer install my pair when my Wilson's were delivered and set up.  Will be the best $5-$6K spent.

Let your dealer guide you.  If you're using a reputable Wilson dealer they will tell you what you need.  But what's the hurry? Are they giving you a discount if you buy them together?  Try without first.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

The first thing is to work out what the problem is. I have a quite small listening room 4.5 x 3.2 metres. Bass control is my issue not lack of bass, the walls shake and items on walls rattle even at moderate volumes. Adding 2 subwoofers has allowed me to even out the bass response whilst using a miniDSP to correct for room modes. The difference is startling. It also enables be to restrict the bass output of my tube hybrid power amp. This works in class A up to 10 watts, removing bass from the amp and speakers below 60Hz means I'm always in class A. 

I think well integrated subs improve most any speaker. A few exceptions for sure. But as others have suggested might be best to get them in your house and see what you think and go from there.