Ryan S840

A quick search of the forum revealed not a single mention of this speaker, introduced a year ago.  Has anyone heard it?  Impressions?

http://ryanspeakers.com/Products/S%20Series/S840/S840.html

128x128twoleftears
I just had a pair of the R610 monitors in for demo,I found them to be slightly strident in the very upper highs & never could get them to completely disappear like my Dynaudio's...
The Tempus 3’s look interesting to me,they have much more volume to them than the s840.

Kenny.

I'm getting the impression that although the S840 was shown in LA in June last year, they're not yet really "out there".

BTW, according to the Ryan website, the R series is history.  From what I can gather, the S610's, introduced at AXPONA, are the second model in the S series.  But it's the 840 that intrigues me, with trickle-down technology from the Tempus.

twoleftears

Ryan showed the S840 in June of last year, but the speaker was not finalized. Ryan continued tweaking the speaker. My dealer was expecting the S840 last time I visited in late March. It should be in dealer shops soon.

I checked the whole Ryan website. Where do you see that the R series is discontinued? The S series is a better more expensive series than the R. As far as I know, both series (R and S) will continue to be offered.