RX-V750 or RX-V1400 for my new speakers

Hey guys,
I just picked up, sort of spur of the moment thing, a set of older Yamaha speakers...I don't believe they were released in the US market but they are avail. here in Canada.
At the end of the thread are the specs.

Now I'm looking for a receiver to match...I'm leaning towards either a Yamaha RX-V750 or RX-V1400. I spent $300 cdn on the speakers which was a little less than what I thought I'd have to spend...so I'm hoping to get a reciever for under $500 cdn. I saw a couple v750's for sale for around $375 US and a V1400 for around the same as well. My question is are these receivers any good? Will they match what I have now as speakers? Should I consider any other rec's? Thanks in advance...

NS-10MMF (mains)
Type: 2-way, Bass-reflex floor standing speakers.
Dual 9cm Woofers and 2.2cm Balanced-Dome Tweeter
Input Power (Max/Nominal): 200 W / 70 W
Sensitivity: 86 dB/2.83 V/m
Frequency Response: 55–35,000 Hz
Crossover Frequencies: 6 kHz
Impedance: 8 ohms

NS-10MMT (surrounds)
Woofer: 8.9 cm cone
Tweeter: 2.54 cm balanced-dome
Input Power (Max/Nominal): 100 W / 40 W
Sensitivity: 88 dB/2.83 V/1 m
Frequency Response: 75–33,000 Hz
Impedance: 6 ohms

NS-C10MM (center)
Woofer: Dual 8.9 cm cone
Tweeter: 2.54 cm balanced-dome
Input Power (Max/Nominal): 125 W / 50 W
Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 V/1 m
Frequency Response: 100–33,000 Hz
Impedance: 6 ohms

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/speakers/mm_series.jsp
spencer23
I have a yamaha rxv 2400 with manual and power cord only for $399.I own one my self and they are a great unit
I had the RX-V1400 as the pre/pro, and I loved it, especially the upconversion feature for kids and wife to use w/ a single macro function on the Sony remote control. I sold it to upgraded to a dedicated Fosgate pre/pro. At the time, it held its resale value quite high. I don't know about now b/c electronic equipment depreciates much faster than I can type. I had a Denon 2803 given to me, and I didn't like it. I sold it in a second.
Rx-v1400:
It will give you better sonics, more audio/ht set-up options, more power when needed. Considered 1 of Yamaha's best ever considering price/value/ratio.