Rules on Review...

HI AuGoNers. since i am fairly new to this hobby and very interested on readding reviews on items.the thing i am a little confuse about is,seem like most of the reviews are good reviews.seem like every one think the itemthey are reviewing worth more then what it cost..is there a rule out there that one can not do a bad review? how come i dont see any review that tell us a certain item is so bad that we should not bother with it?.i am not just talking about the reviews on audiogon.. the 1 on magazines are also included.if any one have any link to a bad review please post it up,so i can see it..thanks
ttrhp

Showing 1 response by thefalls1117

Thats for sure,there are no bad reviews ,just various degrees of good reviews.
Occasionally you can read between the lines and pick up little bits of info..good or bad ..about a particular product.I continue to read reviews on anything that I buy and still find them very valuable.

How can you rely on your 2 ears when everything now has the
frequently mentioned and also used by dealers/manufacturers as an excuse."BURN IN PERIOD"
I have auditioned many pieces of equipment,in my own home,only to bring it back stating my dislike for it.
The excuse I get..but there is a " BURN IN PERIOD" it will only get better.My answer is and what if it doesn't?
So thats one scenerio that your 2 ears would let you down.
Thats when discussions,like this one, and reviews help.
Also I want to know about,reliability,service,compatibility,
etc before I make any decision.
One piece of equipment I have auditioned ,sounded absolutely fabulous..when it worked.
Because I am very isolated,I depend on reviews and discussions ,for direction as to what equipment is worth auditioning.
Don't get me wrong,your 2 ears are very important in making a decision but whats between those ears is just as important.