Rubidium Clock

Can anyone advise whether an Esoteric Rubidium clock would improve the sound on my Esoteric X-01/D2 player? I have been told "not much since it is a one box." But the reviews have seemed to indicate that the upgrade in sound quality is quite apparent. I am aware that some upgrades are very small in their ability to be heard, others are like a whole new piece of gear.
Any advice is appreciated.
huntermusic
Thank you both for the feedback...here was Aurender's response to my questions yesterday. I've included it as they put a bit of additional detail/wording;

"- The BNC input is 75ohm only, and does not support a 50ohm connection.

- The input supports 44.1kHz 2x and 4x, 48kHz 2x and 4x, and 10MHz. It also supports MSB’s work clock frequencies. These are typically automatic, though they may need to be adjusted by the user on the manufacturer’s clock, manually (Esoteric, for example). MSB uses proprietary clock frequencies which we are compatible with. dCS uses either 44.1kHz (2x and 4x) or 48kHz (2x and 4x).

- Based on the above, we should work with any clock system that uses a 75ohm BNC connector and operates at any of these frequencies. We do know that Esoteric clocks require a manual adjustment by the user."

There was additional exchange with Aurender Tech/Sales Support. Here is the complete synopsis from the beginning....

“10 Mhz clock signals are also valid as per my previous email. The app allows adjustment between 44.1kHz or 48kHz, whereas 10Mhz is auto detected and is a single frequency.” <Aurender>

Question: “What about 10 Mhz per your last email, your most recent email excludes it from the list”

“The word clock input is activated in the Settings menu of the app, and the word clock is automatically turned on when a word clock signal is detected on the BNC input. When word clock mode is on, the SPDIF output will synchronize with the word clock signal. For a 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4 kHz sampling rate, 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4 kHz word clock or a 22.5792 MHz master clock signal are valid. For a 48, 96 and 192 kHz sampling rate music. 48, 96 and 192 kHz word clock or a 24.576 MHz master clock signal are valid.”<Aurender>

Question: “How do you configure the W20 to know what frequency it is to expect? Is it auto-sense?”

“With regard to your questions about the W20 word clock input, please refer to below -

- The BNC input is 75ohm only, and does not support a 50ohm connection.

- The input supports 44.1kHz 2x and 4x, 48kHz 2x and 4x, and 10MHz. It also supports MSB’s work clock frequencies. These are typically automatic, though they may need to be adjusted by the user on the manufacturer’s clock, manually (Esoteric, for example). MSB uses proprietary clock frequencies which we are compatible with. dCS uses either 44.1kHz (2x and 4x) or 48kHz (2x and 4x).

- Based on the above, we should work with any clock system that uses a 75ohm BNC connector and operates at any of these frequencies. We do know that Esoteric clocks require a manual adjustment by the user (to set the output clock frequency)

I hope that helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.” <Aurender>

Question: “…One aspect that is very important to me is to integrate into a system that makes use of Esoteric (Japan) P-02 Transport, D-02 DAC, G-01 master clock (75-ohm re-clocking/master clocking) and a separate Rb/OCXO (dual capability)10 Mhz 50-ohm "Master Atomic Clock".  

Your website and user manual does not give more specific info on the BNC Word Clock input on the W20.   Can you please let me know;

- is it 75-ohm or 50-ohm input?- what frequencies does it support (44.1, 88.2, 176.4, etc...)?- does is also support 10 Mhz master clock input?- how do you configure which type of input is coming into this port?

Your website say this;

‘... It supports both word clock (dCS DACs or similar) or Master Clock.(MSB DACs or similar)...’

*Can you please give specifics on what this means? For example, what is the difference between DCS DAC and MSB DAC clock outputs. Have you tested with any of the following;  Esoteric G-01 (Rb oscillator)- Esoteric G-02 (OCXO)- Esoteric G-03x (OCXO) Antelope Isochrome 10MX- Standard Research SRS PERF10- etc…?”

NEW PRODUCT JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY:
Cybershaft 10 M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A
http://www.cybershaft.jp/a-products/op20a.html

Looks like the bar just got raised again.
This clock allows selection of 75-ohm or 50-ohm for each 10 Mhz output!