RSD 2016

I stayed local, still extremely happy.....

Big Star (Complete Columbia) " live at university of missouri 4/25/93"
Muddy Waters "Hoochie Coochie Man" (Live at The Rising Sun Celebrity Jazz Club)
 (the two above, first time on vinyl)
Sublime "Jah Won't Pay The Bills"
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells "The Criteria Sessions"  (I've listened..... a solid 9.5 stars, (analog)

Hope others have a good one!

128x128slaw

Showing 3 responses by sjtm

BTW - not an RSD reissue, but was in the mood for live concert albums today and spun a recent MOV reissue -  Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble Live at Carnegie Hall.  This may be SRV's best live recording and this pressing is quite good by my standards.  Great way to start Turkey Day.
Late response to an old thread, but found a copy of Door Live at Aquarius Theater album and just spinning it now.  SQ is excellent and Morrison seems to have it all together.  I attended several Doors concerts back in the day and their stage preparation could range from pretty tight to pretty sloppy.  Knowing this was being recorded probably kept them from consuming too much contraband before the show.

I think this live set does a far better job of conveying why this band achieved the success they did - a great mix of psychedelic blues / rock that trancended the pop crap that took up the radio airplay of the day. Should be in any Doors fan's collection - it is the album I will play for my kids when I bore them with "tales of the sixties".