RPG Room Optimizer and other software rives, etc.

What are other a'philes experiences with the RPG room optimizer and the other room software packages out there? Is it worth $100? I am not building a dedicated room, just working on my current room. I figure you probably end up setting the speakers up by ear anyway, so do these software packages add sonic value (by perhaps giving you ideas where to put a bookcase or absorber, etc)? Anybody out there have the software and want to run my room for the thrill of it?
wrtickle

Showing 2 responses by robm321

CARA definately works. It just takes a lot of input. But it did give a position for my speakers and room treatment that gave a flat frequency response. I still fine tune by ear, but it gives the best general placement. I'd like to help you out, but it takes too much work.

Rob
I agree with Cinematic Systems IF you are planning on staying in the same place for awhile. I rent and CARA makes more sense for me. But, if you can get an acoustic expert to come in (assuming it isn't unreasonably expensive) it can make a huge improvement and you won't have to go through the sometimes frustrating job of trying to figure it out on your own.

Rob