Rowland versus ARC

Anybody compare the products of these two company and have any opinions or favorites?

I realize one can be tubes and the other is solid state but I've heard Rowland has the warmth and musicality of tubes and the dynamic slam of SS.

What say you guys?

roxy1927
i just preferred what i perceived as more transparency/clarity going direct. however the chorus is a very sweet machine and i could easily see someone preferring it. also i don't like not having the famous rowland volume knob and balance control. FWIW
@roxy1927 

+1 for ARC LS28. It's a phenomenal pre and punches way beyond its asking price. 

And if money is no object, I would suggest auditioning the ARC Ref6 as well. 

Hi Roxy:
The Superscoutmaster was my former tt so I'm quite familiar with that. Also heard Ayon transport and dac at USA Tube Audio in Arizona. Very sweet sounding but faithful stuff. Which tube amp and what speakers? 
VTL S200 amp and Dali Epicon 8s. So confused as to whether I want a tube or SS pre. Do I want more slam and are two tube amps too much of a good thing?

Ricred1,

Did you every audition the JRDG Power Storage Unit that is supposed to take the Corus / Aeris gear to another level altogether in terms of sound quality? See this review by Christiaan Punter:

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/amplifier-reviews/jeff-rowland-corus-preamplif...