Rowland Synergy IIi, Cadence and BPS-1

I currently own a Rowland Synergy IIi preamp and Cadence phono pre. I recently have a chance to purchase a Rowland BPS-1 battery power supply for the Syngery IIi.

I'm trying to visualize exactly how the Synergy IIi and Cadence can both be powered by the BPS-1. Can they or can just one of the two units be powered by the BPS-1?

I currently have the power supply of the Synergy IIi plugged into a dedicated wall outlet and the Synergy IIi and Cadence are both attached to it.

Any info on how this all hooks up with the BPS-1 and what cables would I need would be greatly appreciated.
philb7777

Showing 5 responses by philb7777

Thanks again for all the info. The BPS-1 should arrive today. I'll charge it today and try to set it up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
Thanks for the reply. I am considering purchasing a BPS-1 and will talk with the seller tomorrow. I think the one I am purchasing is a one chassis unit. I was just trying to make sure I didn't need to purchase any new umbilical cables or power cables. Your set up makes sense to me, ie. plug the cadence into the back of the BPS and plug the BPS into the slot where the cadence went on the Synergy IIi power supply. Then plug the BPS into the wall and disconnect the Synergy IIi power supply from the wall AC.

DId the BPS make a big difference in sound quality compared to without it? Did it make improvements in your vinyl set up with the Cadence?
Thanks for the further info. I'm excited to try it out. Another quick question - when you were going on exclusive battery power with the unit unplugged from AC, how many hours did it stay adequately charged for listening? When it was plugged in but you were using battery power, did the batteries stay charged while listening, or did the listening sessions surpass its charge (even though plugged in)?
Well the unit arrived. I have the unit hooked up to AC power and have it correctly hooked up to the Synergy IIi and the Cadence phone pre. Both are powered up and running with AC.

With the BPS-1 getting AC power, both the 'full' green light is on and the blue 'AC' light is on. It says in the manual, that when the green light is on it
means that the batteries are at least 50% charged. After about two hours of
charging I pushed the mode button to the battery selection and the unit quickly powered off. I followed the manual instructions and pushed the mode button down for five seconds to reset the supply and power handling, and the unit powered back up on AC. Again after a couple of hours I tried to switch to battery mode and the unit immediately powered off and then went back to AC.

I'm guessed the batteries were fully discharged and needed more time to charge up, but with the green light saying 'full', the manual states that the
batteries are at least 50% charged. Il let it set overnight and charge, but
the same thing will happened again this morning and the battery
mode won't function.

The seller said the unit had new batteries. I'm confused even older batteries won't even hold a few minutes of charge after an all night charge-a-thon.

Thanks in advance for any info or ideas out there....